You will need the following to properly acquire and title a mobile home in Riverside County, California, Information is accurate as of December 2022.
- Manufactured Home Bill of Sale
- Mobilehome Tax Clearance Certificate Request, County of Riverside Treasurer-Tax Collector 951-955-3900. This will take approximately 60 days to receive after filing.
- Fill out a Private Party Sale for a Home on Local Property Tax with HCD Certificate of Title and submit within 20 days of purchase. Send it in immediately, even without the required Tax Clearance Certificate or you will have to pay a fine. This form also explains how to get a new title and registration if those 2 documents aren’t available.
- Go to this page and download the Change in Ownership Statement. Complete this as soon as the Title is received. This form can be sent one of three ways:
Fax: (951) 955-0420
County of Riverside Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
PO Box 751
Riverside, CA 92502-0751
- For general information, the California Department of Housing and Community Development website is helpful and is linked here: www.hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-and-mobilehomes